Getting a Jump Start on Heart Health
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death for both men and women in the United States, claiming approximately 1 million lives annually.
- Every 33 seconds someone in the United States dies from cardiovascular disease which is roughly the equivalent of a September 11th-like tragedy repeating itself every 24 hours, 365 days a year.
- More die of heart disease than of AIDS and all cancers combined.
- One-half of the victims of Sudden Cardiac Death are under the age of 65.
- An estimated 80 million Americans have one or more types of heart diseaseWomen account for just over half of the total heart disease deaths in the United States each year, although many women continue to think of heart disease as a man’s disease
- 42% of women who have heart attacks die within 1 year, compared to 24% of men.
- Under age 50, women’s heart attacks are twice as likely as men’s to be fatal.
- These statistics came from http://www.theheartfoundation.org/heart-disease-facts/heart-disease-statistics/
- Do these statistics alarm you? I know they scare the pants off of me! My family has a history of heart related problems, and that is one of the reasons I am so passionate about health and fitness. Heart problems is not something I want to mess around with, and if I can do something to take better care of my heart, then I want to do it. I mean we change the oil in our cars so that they will run better. Why not do something to help us “run” better?
That is why I am putting together a challenge group called, “Be smart! Be good to your heart!” This group begins on February 4th, and will run for 30 days. There are 10 spots open for this group, and then it is FULL! This group will focus on nutrition and exercise as great tools to take better care of our hearts, as well as learn interesting facts about the heart. And for the first 5 who sign up and get on Shakeology HD, I have prize waiting for you! So, if you are one of the 10 who is ready to “jump start” your heart health, then contact me and tell me you want in.